Last Updated on May 17, 2023
The opt-in challenge.
We all know, that it is a challenge to collect opt-ins from HCPs. HCPs might not know your company well enough, they might not trust you yet or they might not be interested, because you are offering content which is not appealing enough. Getting opt-ins from HCPs for promotional purposes requires a thoughtful and strategic approach. You should also use a variety of channels, such as websites, webinars, an HCP portal, LinkedIn, post-grade education offerings, direct mail, telephone or in-person meetings. In general it is all about relevance. And relevance starts where the value (or capabilities) meet the needs of an HCP.
Here are some general steps you can take to obtain opt-ins from HCPs:
- Before reaching out to HCPs, it is important to have a clear value proposition that highlights the benefits of opting in to your promotional communications. This could include access to educational resources, information on new treatments or therapies or invitations to events or webinars.
- Develop targeted messaging that speaks directly to the needs and interests of the HCPs you are targeting. This could include highlighting the relevance of your promotional communications to their practice area or patient population.
- Capture the evidence regarding the opt-ins collected. Demonstrate a clear audit-trail on individual level that proofs that is was freely given, specific, unambiguous, informed, revocable and well documented. Just a checked box in CRM is not enough. Take into account that capturing consent from different channels requires a single source of truth to not lose control.
- Make the opt-in process as easy as possible for HCPs. This could include providing a simple online form, pre-populating the form with their contact information or providing a link to a landing page that highlights the benefits of opting in. Be aware that you always have to provide an easy opt-out process if they want unsubscribe.
- Once HCPs have opted in, it is important to respect their preferences for communication. This includes allowing them to choose the frequency and type of communications they receive or providing an option to opt-out at any time. To prevent that they will opt-out, you can always provide the possibility (before opting out) to change their preferences. Otherwise you have to respect this.
- Monitor opt-in rates and adjust your approach as needed to improve your results. This could include adjusting your messaging, targeting different segments of doctors, using/adding other channels or refining your opt-in process.
Overall, successfully collecting opt-in data from HCPs requires careful consideration of these and other potential challenges, as well as efforts to build trust and provide clear communication around the benefits of participation. Also remember that doctors are busy and receive a lot of promotional communications, so it is important to provide added value.
What can OptInsight do for you?
With our partner Tele-sales Direct we developed the DataCare solution, which takes care of your initial opt-in collection process by starting HCP engagement by phone. These high end phone calls have proven to generate great results.
Why choose the OptInsight consent & preference management solution?
The OptInsight consent and preference management solution allows pharmaceutical companies to manage the collection, storage and use of personal data in a compliant and secure manner. It provides a centralized platform for managing consent records, including the mandatory audit trail. It functions as a single source of truth, preventing scattered personal and consent data throughout your company. It also shows the latest consent status and preferences, which allows you to engage with HCPs based on the right data. The OptInsight platform can be customized to meet the specific needs of each company and country.