Last Updated on March 30, 2023
What’s your objective?
The commercial ambition of most pharma companies is to enable their stakeholders as well as the internal users to be able to easily deliver the right message/content, to the right person, at the right time and on the right channel.
Through consistent preference management, customers’ trust should be increased by providing
them with meaningful choices and control over how brands communicate with them.
We briefly explain what the considerations for different levels in the organization could be to choose for a solution that drives customers’ trust in a digital era.
Success in the marketplace for pharmaceutical companies is highly connected to the Health Care Professionals (HCPs) that treat the diseases these companies manufacture products for. Therefore, maintaining trust between the company and those HCPs is an essential component of that success. While there are many components to this trust, one of the foundation of this trust should be a system of consents and preferences that drives what information is given to the HCPs, when and how it is delivered. The main question to answer is how trust related to HCP data is positioned in companies’ strategies.
Consents, in this context, are ‘legally binding’ expressions of permission/denial to communicate with HCPs with respect to a given channel. There are strict rules that marketers and the sales force must adhere to when attempting to engage with their customers. The scope of the consent varies from region to region; the scope may contain the engagement channel, the product or therapeutic area or a combination of multiple criteria. Preferences are clear expressions of HCPs telling the company what interests them (e.g. subscriptions for communications such as newsletters, frequency, channel, etc.), but does not restrict the company from contacting them with topics outside these preferences.
To find the right solution for what is described above, it should be able to:
- provide a global SaaS-based cloud solution for consents and preferences across countries and systems.
- save capacity, because current processes for capturing & managing consent are largely manual, inefficient and time consuming.
- provide a solution that integrates easily into the company’s existing IT, Marketing & Sales application landscape.
- provide a single source of truth for Consents and Preferences for all relevant customer communications.
- enable a platform and solution as well as relevant data storage, security and overall management measures and global scaling.
- offer a platform in which HCP consent is readily accessible to marketing, medical affairs, business support and privacy teams.
- support a global rollout/implementation with specific privacy laws and legal regulations on a country (tenant) level.
- offer clear auditability of consent status.
The main challenge here is how we are able to collect, manage & turn data into action in a such a way that we can align the needs and preferences of a doctor. Does our current infrastructure enables this or not?
Why choose the OptInsight solution?
The OptInsight consent management solution allows pharmaceutical companies to manage the collection, storage and use of personal data in a compliant and secure manner. It provides a centralized platform for managing consent records, including the mandatory audit trail. It functions as a single source of truth, preventing scattered personal and consent data throughout your company. It also shows the latest consent status and preferences, which allows you to engage with HCPs based on the right data. The OptInsight platform can be customized to meet the specific needs of each company and country.